A&M-Commerce Lions at Henderson State Lady Reddies
Tuesday, October 18 • 7 p.m.
Duke Wells Center • Arkadelphia, Ark.
Records: A&M-Commerce (7-12); Henderson State (4-18)
A&M-Commerce Lions at Abilene Christian Wildcats
Thursday, October 20 • 7 p.m.
Moody Coliseum • Abilene, Texas
Records: A&M-Commerce (7-12, 3-9 LSC); Abilene Christian (13-10, 7-4 LSC)
A&M-Commerce Lions at No. 17 Angelo State Rambelles
Saturday, October 22 • 2 p.m.
Stephens Arena • San Angelo, Texas
Records: A&M-Commerce (7-12, 3-9 LSC); Angelo State (22-2, 11-1 LSC)
Live Stats: LionAthletics.com
A&M-Commerce embarks on its final true road trip of the season, beginning Tuesday night with its final non-conference match of the year at Henderson State at 7 p.m. The Lions then face a challenging trip west, battling Abilene Christian at 7 p.m. Thursday evening in Abilene before facing 17th-ranked Angelo State at 2 p.m. Saturday in San Angelo.
Scouting the Lady Reddies
2011: 4-18 overall, 0-10 Great American, 1-6 home.
Last Three Matches: L at Southern Arkansas (3-0), L at Harding (3-0), L vs. Arkansas Tech (3-0).
Head Coach: Rhonda Thigpen (Ouachita Baptist, 1978). 22nd season at Henderson State (467-334, .583).
• Ty Lindberg (So., OH): 291 kills, .157 hitting pct., 10 service aces, 209 digs, 31 blocks.
• Candance Redwine (Jr., MB): 146 kills, .161 hitting pct., 13 service aces, 40 blocks.
• Jessica Moss (Fr., MB): 69 kills, .133 hitting pct., 66 blocks.
• Sarah Williams (Fr., OH): 69 kills, .056 hitting pct., 31 blocks.
• Brooke Walford (Jr., S): 339 assists, 19 kills, 3 service aces, 68 digs, 21 blocks.
• Lauren Ray (Jr., L): 262 digs, 28 assists, 26 service aces.
Series Information: Henderson State leads the all-time series 22-12, but A&M-Commerce won the last meeting, a 3-0 decision at the Field House in the 2011 season opener. The Lady Reddies are 6-4 against the Lions in the last 10 meetings, dating back to 2002.
Scouting the Wildcats
2011: 13-10 overall, 7-4 Lone Star, 4-1 home.
Last Three Matches: W at Cameron (3-1), W vs. Texas A&M-Kingsville (3-0), W at Tarleton State (3-1).
Head Coach: Kellen Mock (Abilene Christian, 2005). Sixth season at Abilene Christian (128-56, .696).
• Jennie Hutt (Sr., OH): 343 kills, .263 hitting pct., 13 service aces, 242 digs, 39 blocks.
• Sara Oxford (Fr., MB): 232 kills, .267 hitting pct., 61 blocks.
• Neely Borger (So., MB): 184 kills, .221 hitting pct., 23 service aces, 73 blocks.
• Kalynne Allen (Jr., RS): 159 kills, .156 hitting pct., 9 service aces, 185 digs, 27 blocks.
• Haley Rhoads (Fr., S): 585 assists, 4 service aces, 139 digs, 15 blocks.
• Kelsie Edwards (Sr., L): 411 digs, 70 assists, 6 service aces.
Series Information: A&M-Commerce leads the all-time series 28-24, but Abilene Christian has had the upper hand as of late, taking the last three matches against the Lions including a 3-1 victory at the Field House on Sept. 15. ACU is 8-2 against A&M-Commerce in the last 10 meetings and have won the last six meetings in Abilene, dating back to the 1995 season.
Scouting the Rambelles
2011: 22-2 overall, 11-1 LSC, 8-1 home. Ranked 17th in this week's AVCA top-25 poll.
Last Three Matches: W at Midwestern State (3-1), W vs. Incarnate Word (3-1), W at Tarleton State (3-0).
Head Coach: Chuck Waddington (Rensselare Poly, 1993). Fourth season at Angelo State (70-42, .625).
• Celeste Bonter (Sr., OH): 230 kills, .235 hitting pct., 48 digs, 31 blocks.
• Chelsea Gibson (Jr., MB): 211 kills, .266 hitting pct., 35 digs, 72 blocks.
• Debbie Ohl (Sr., RS): 210 kills, .260 hitting pct., 144 digs, 47 blocks.
• Maddie Huth (So., MB): 154 kills, .274 hitting pct., 14 service aces, 59 digs, 60 blocks.
• Alex Woolsey (Jr., S): 970 assists, 70 kills, .285 hitting pct., 21 service aces, 242 digs, 38 blocks.
• Shelby Wilt (Fr., L): 349 digs, 42 assists, 24 service aces.
Series Information: Angelo State leads the all-time series 32-19 and have won four-straight over A&M-Commerce, including a 3-1 decision on Sept. 16 at the Field House. The Rambelles are 6-4 in the last 10 meeting against the Lions.
The Week That Was
A&M-Commerce returned to the Field House and posted a 1-1 mark as it kicked off the second half of Lone Star Conference play. The Lions toppled Midwestern State 3-1 Thursday, led by 14 kills and 17 digs by Breanne Snyder and 13 kills and nine blocks from Rachel Robertson. Saturday, A&M-Commerce dropped a hard-fought 3-1 decision to Cameron despite 17 kills and six digs from Robertson and 37 assists and 17 digs from Jordan Neal.
A pair of Lions made a return appearance in the double-double club this weekend. Breanne Snyder notched 14 kills and tied a career-high with 17 digs in the victory over Midwestern State, marking her third double-double of the season. Rachel Robertson nearly joined the club as well, posting 13 kills with nine blocks against the Mustangs. Jordan Neal notched her sixth double-double of the season against Cameron, dishing out 37 assists while recording 17 digs against the Aggies.
Lions Among Lone Star Conference Leaders
A number of Lions have made their mark among the Lone Star Conference leaders. Rachel Robertson currently leads the conference in points per set (4.46) while ranking second in hitting percentage (.320), third in blocks per set (1.11) and fourth in kills per set (3.56). Jordan Neal sits atop the conference leaderboard in service aces per set (0.44) while ranking fourth in assists (9.77). Dakota Crockett also checks in among the LSC leaders, placing ninth in digs per set (3.84)
Following the three-match road swing, A&M-Commerce returns home for an extended homestay, playing five of its final six matches in the Field House. The Lions open host three home matches next week, beginning with Texas Woman's on Tuesday, Oct. 25, at 7 p.m. A&M-Commerce then plays host to Incarnate Word Thursday, Oct. 27 before welcoming Texas A&M-Kingsville to Commerce on Saturday, Oct. 29.